Stakeout iCMT app released
January 24, 2013 Leave a comment
The Stakeout iCMT software application is now available for the Apple iPad and iPhone. It is a handy tool to help you perform point stakeout and line stakeout tasks. It will let you precisely digitize Points, Lines and Areas of interest over the built-in Map. You may also import the design data from Shapefiles or DXF files.
In conjunction with a compatible high-accuracy GPS device, the point stakeout function can guide you to the target Feature, such as an old landmark. The Line Stakeout function will continually display the distance between you and your projected position on a Line or Area, enabling you to move parallel to or along the target line. You could use this function to stake fence lines or river boundaries, or lay out long pipelines in an undeveloped area. You may email the job files, output the Feature data as DXF files or send the Feature data to a PDF file.
Detailed Function List:
* Precisely digitize Points, Lines and Areas over the built-in Map.
* Import the Features from Shapefile or DXF file.
* Move existing nodes to fine-tune the map drawing.
* View the position, length and area of the Features.
* Label the Line segments with lengths and directions as well as corner angles.
* Label the Areas with size in acres and square feet or hectares and square meters.
* Measure distances and areas without saving the shapes.
* Create a Point from the entered address or coordinates.
* Create a Point or record a node by picking the GPS location.
* Use GPS to go to and stake out Points or successive nodes on a Feature.
* Use GPS to stake out a Line or Area boundary.
* Save the job data file for later use.
* Export Features in DXF format.
* Output the drawing and the coordinates to a PDF file.
* Send out the job data, DXF and PDF files via email.
The Stakeout iCMT app can be purchased from the iTunes App Store.
Click here to read our press release and other articles related to land surveying.