Utility Data Collection app for iPad released
October 16, 2013 Leave a comment
We are pleased to announce the release of the Utility Data Collection app for iPad.
This versatile GPS GIS mapping and data collection app was mainly designed for utility asset management and meter reading. However, it can also be used by other professionals who need to map points, lines and areas and record pertinent information for the mapped Features, such as for fish & wildlife, natural resources, land management, oil and gas, archaeology, sales route management, etc.
You can use the GPS/GIS data collection functions to record the locations and conditions of existing Features, such as land plots, utility poles, utility meters and other equipments and attach one or more photos to the surveyed item. You can use the import and export functions to easily set up meter routes, upload meter database and export meter readings. The Meter Reading data input panel will let you easily enter the meter readings with other observations or remarks.
This app comes with a built-in help file and a couple sample job files.
Following is a list of the functions provided:
* Enter meter readings in a dedicated data input screen.
* Optionally display the meter route.
* Know at a glance which meters have been read.
* Import and export Shapefiles, DXF and text files.
* Record GPS Points, Lines and Areas.
* Precisely digitize Points, Lines and Areas over the built-in Map.
* Move nodes to fine-tune the map drawing.
* View position, length and area values for the Features.
* Create multiple attribute tables (Feature Lists).
* Tag the Features with pre-defined Attribute/Values and symbols.
* Attach photos to Features.
* Enter a formula for an Attribute based on other Attributes.
* View/edit Attribute Values in a full-page spread-sheet.
* Sort the data records based on specified Attribute.
* Goto (search for) data record based on Attributes.
* Label the Features with Attributes, area and segment lengths.
* Measure distances and areas without saving the shapes.
* Create a Point from the entered address or coordinates.
* Save the job data file for later use.
* Output Feature data to PDF.
* Email data files to your colleagues.
* Store and retried files to/from iCloud.
You can also read our press releases at the following sites:
This app can be purchased from the Apple App Store.
If you need a specific app for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch that is not yet available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the possibility of making a new program for the particular application. Thanks.